Wednesday 30 July 2014

DIY Jar labels

using waterslide decals


Today I wanted to share with you all how I made these labels for my glass storage jars!
Reminiscent of  these "designer glass storage jars" from J by Jasper Conran, but for a fraction of the price!!
I bought some cheap storage jars from ASDA ,designed my own label that I applied , and I think they look great, dont you??


Apart from some cheap glass storage jars, you will also need some special paper called "waterslide decal paper". You can purchase this in any good office supply shop for around £10 (You'll have loads left over after this project for future use!!) There are several brands of this type of paper on the market, so make sure you purchase one that is compatible with your printer! I used Lazertran Waterslide Decal Paper.

And you will of course need your label designs:
You can download my labels here .... OR you can create your own: I used Picmonkey's design tool: Choose a font (You can find a similar font to the one I used to download for free here ) and design your own labels! 

MAKE SURE YOU FLIP THE IMAGE (so that it's mirrored) BEFORE PRINTING!!

Save to your computer, and print it out on the decal paper

When printing , please ensure you print on the correct side of the paper and use the printer settings recommended for the brand of decal paper you are using!

Leave your printed labels for about 1/2 n hour to let the ink settle!

Now you are ready to apply your labels to your storage jars!




Cut out your labels (Please ensure they are all the same size and cut them out neatly!!)
Place the label(s) in a bowl of water for about 1 minute....


Apply, face down to your glass jar(s). Move around until you are happy with the positioning and smooth down any air-bubbles using your fingers, then slide off the backing paper!

Leave to dry!!


C'est ca!
I love the way these simple labels make these cheap storage jars look like expensive designer ones!They look good enough to display...don't you think??
And of course, by keeping your cupboard essentials in these labelled jars, you will save cupboard space!
(and if you are anything like me, you need all the cupboard space yo can get!!....I think maybe its time for another clear out!! LOL:))




No comments:

"